Lex Halaby is a commercial and music video director and filmmaker, He developed a VR system and has directed a number VR projects, including the VR Report (along with Dopamine host David Oh), Funny Or Die, KCRW, and more.
Learn more about Lex and his work at:
Topics in this episode include:
- Is 360 video VR?
- Volumetric video and 8i
- Comedy and horror in VR
- Lex’s VR camera kit
- Funny Or Die: Interrogation.
- People’s reaction of Interrogation at it’s premiere for Samsung Milk VR at Sundance
- VR Strip Girlz (Spoiler alert!)
- Jasper Patterson and Theatre in VR
- Altspace and social VR
- Performances in VR
- Filmmakers’ role in VR
- Reggie Watts’ VR experience
- Increase in 360 videos
- AI (Artificial Intelligence) and VR
- Chris Milk’s VR film, Waves of Grace, takes place in Africa
- Open worlds