Az Balabanian is a cognitive scientist who is currently running of the green screen mixed reality studio at UploadVR, a VR news website, collective of VR companies starting out, a VR meetup event space, and the new home for Dopamine’s podcast recordings.
Topics in this episode include:
- What is MR?
- Mixture of virtual reality and real reality
- Using Unity and Valve to do MR videos
- Production of MR video
- Article on UploadVR: How To Make A Mixed Reality Video And Livestream From Two Realities
- Tony’s “Best kept secret to graphics programming”
- Importance of MR videos in sharing VR and AR experiences
- Research VR – podcast on cognitive science of how VR affects the brain
- VR in education
- User generated content
- Upcoming MR video with Hi-Fidelity
- The Upload Collective – VR hub, VR show rooms, podcasting setup
- Opening of Upload to LA and in all the other VR hubs by 2017